Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

UK immigration

UK immigration
View More

Follow Us


If you want to visit members of your family in the UK, you can apply to come here as a family visitor


To come to the UK as a family visitor, you must be able to show that you will be visiting the following family members in the UK:

  • your husband, wife, civil partner, father, mother, son, daughter, grandfather, grandmother, grandson, granddaughter, brother, sister, uncle, aunt, nephew, niece or first cousin (the son or daughter of your uncle or aunt);
  • the father, mother, brother or sister of your husband, wife or civil partner;
  • the husband, wife or civil partner of your son or daughter;
  • your stepfather, stepmother, stepson, stepdaughter, stepbrother or stepsister; and/or
  • a person who has lived with you as an unmarried couple for at least 2 of the 3 years before the day when you apply for entry clearance.

If a child is adopted under an adoption order recognised in UK law, we treat them as if they are the natural children of the adoptive parents.
If you want to visit a family member who is not listed above, you should come to the UK as a general visitor